9.25.2010

Jus My Thoughts #3

So im sittin in my room listening to "The Best You've Neva Heard 2", minus one track, in the dark. No distractions. Jus me & my musik. As it should be. First off I wanna thank GOD for giving me the talent that I have and allowing me a venue to express myself. Secondly I wanna thank all of the artists featured on the mixtape for allowing me the opportunity to work with them. And last but certainly not least I wanna thank my Hustle Musik team for helping me stay focused and keeping me on my toes with this rap shit. With this mixtape I hope to open the ears of people who may not kno who the fuck I am. Who might not ever think to listen to my musik. Or that I make musik altogether. I've been doing musik for as long as I can remember. Singin in church choirs. With my family at various church programs. Playing the drums for my church. Recording my first track freshman year of college at UAPB. Learning how to make beats. I started writing songs around the time I turned 7 years old and its been on ever since. If I had a better sense of reality when I was younger I most definitely would have joined the choir & band while in junior high & high school (I was in the school orchestra in elementary) instead of thinkin I was gon make it to the NFL playing football (5'9-260). Pipe dreams. I feel that would have furthered my musical ability quicker. Still tho, im not complainin. Like I always say, Jadakiss said it best, "Shit jus don't happen, shit happens for a reason." One day ill be exactly where I wanna be and ill be able to look back at the journey that I took to get there and it'll ALL make sense. Ill be able to see the whole picture. But until that time imma continue to press forward with life and my musik. "The Best You've Neva Heard 2" drops right here on http://www.hustlemusiknow.com/ on October 18, 2010. Be sure you download it and support #ArkansasMusik. I appreciate all the support im getting and I vow not to let any1 down. My word.

No comments: