11.30.2007

"Can I Live??" - Jay-Z

Me and my boy ColdBlooded keep runnin into the same problem...beat prices. Now I do understand that we are up-n-coming producers, and need to establish ourselves, but DAMN, niggaz at like they cant come out they pocket and pay for sum good shit. Dont get me wrong, I know we aint no damn Pharell and Timbo but jeez, we are far from scrap!

I personally know a few so called "local" producers outta Atlanta that charge in the thousands for their beats and a nigga like me cant get a couple hundred for my masterpieces? And I know yall saying, "If u want to establish urself u should give some beats away to the artists for free". I hear u...Ive done it...I gotta artist in VA who I throw beats to and he murders them and I got a couple of new clients thru him. Thats gravy. But im tryna establish myself in my own damn state of Arkansas. And as much talent as we have down here (or up here...depends on where u stay) these niggaz is cheap!!! (u kno who u are)

Heres how the conversation usually goes:

Prospective Buyer: "Damn!! Im really feelin (insert beat name here)!! This shit is bangin!!

C-Scale/ColdBlooded: "Thanks mayne. I appreciate that."

Prospective Buyer: "This is a hit. I need this for my album/mixtape. How much u asking for?"

C-Scale/ColdBlooded: "I was gon let it go for $275 but ill let u get it for $225. We doin business?" (and sum prices are lower than this)

Prospective Buyer: "Uhh...wellll...Imma get back atcha real soon." (or sum'n to that effect)

And I neva hear from these dudes again. And I think to myself...if these dudes was in Atlanta or NY or Chicago or LA tryna get beats for prices as low as ours are (for now anyway) them producer niggaz would prolly laugh in they damn face!!

I said all of that to say this...u betta get these beats now while they are "cheap" cuz when we blow them same niggaz who aint fuckin wit us now really gon hate cuz our prices gon blow to!!

I just got one simple question.....................CAN I LIVE?

No comments: